Council operates a weekend transfer station for waste which is open on the weekends only for residents.
Proof of residence is required to dispose of excess waste and recycling. See a map of the Inner West Council area HERE (PDF 3.8MB)
The facility accepts Eftpos and Cash. Please note Council is proposing to have Eftpos transactions only in the near future.
50 - 54 Moore Street, Leichhardt
Opening Hours: Saturday and Sunday
7.45am to 11.30am and 1.00pm to 3.45pm
9518 9718 - Weekends during the above operating hours.
If you require further information outside of opening hours please contact Council's Customer Service Centre on 9367 9222
Christmas Day, Sunday 25th December 2016 and Sunday 1 January 2017.
- General (hard) waste, e.g broken / damaged furniture, etc. (Full load) - $52.00
- General (hard) waste, e.g broken / damaged furniture, etc. (Half load) - $30.00
- Pre-sorted recyclables, e.g. paper/cardboard, bottles/containers, whitegoods/metals - $13
- Garden organics - $30.00
- Pre-sorted mixed load - MUST BE SORTED PRIOR TO ENTERING THE TRANSFER STATION - Garden organics/Recyclables/General waste - $36.00
- Mattresses - Single or double, $30.50 per mattress
- Disposal of e-waste (television, computers and peripherals) - No Charge
Council's accepted load is 1 cubic metre. More than 1 cubic will incur additional costs.
The facility accepts Eftpos and Cash but please note Council is proposing to have Eftpos transactions only in the near future.
Community Recycling Centre
- General residential waste (other than garbage or what is placed in your normal garbage collection), broken or damaged furniture or toys, etc.
- Paper and cardboard
- Bottles and other recycling accepted in the normal recycling collections
- Garden organics / green waste
- Clothes for charity bin
TVs/Computers - Broken Televisions, Computers, Computer hard drives, Computer monitors, Printers, Scanners, Key board, Mouse (FREE)
- at the Weekend Transfer Station
- Small fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent tubes and lights
- Car and household batteries
- Motor oil
- Other oil
- Smoke detectors
- Gas bottles
- Water-based paint
- Oil-based paint
Only household quantities accepted -- 20kg or 20 litre maximum container size.Please try to keep items in original containers and if leaking place inside a plastic bag.
Dangerous goods and other items other than those listed above will NOT be accepted
- Household rubbish, e.g. food waste, nappies, etc.
- Asbestos / fibro
- Chemicals- Visit CleanOut or phone 131 555
Visit Recycling Near You to find collection or drop off options for a range of product types or find private waste companies at White Pages Online