Top Navigation

Repair or Replace Signage

Council will repair or replace street and traffic signage in the local area . Given the high number of signs within the Municipality, Council has developed service levels for the replacement of each category of sign. 

Traffic Sign Type
Time To Complete
Regulatory Traffic Sign

Stop, Give Way, One Way, No Stopping, No Parking

Within 1 Working Day
Traffic and Parking Sign
Work Zones, Parking Meter, Traffic Facility (Chevron / Arrow, Keep Left Within 10 Working Days
Traffic and Parking signs Resident Parking or Street Name  With 30 Days

To have a sign repaired or replaced contact Council's Customer Service Centre on (02) 9392 5000 with the following information:
  • the location of the missing/damaged sign - the address, location if on the footpath or on the road and if outside a property what number,the nearest cross street; and
  • signs purpose/theme eg. name of street etc.

Outdoor Advertising Content

Regulatory Framework

Commonwealth legislation establishes the regulatory framework for outdoor advertising. This legislation requires all advertising to comply with self regulatory Codes and Guidelines such as:

  • the Australian Association of National Advertisers (AANA) Code of Ethics; and
  • the Alcohol Beverages Advertising Code (ABAC).

The Advertising Standards Bureau manages complaints in relation to advertising. Complaints are to be lodged through

Contact details for the AANA are:

Address: Suite 301, Level 3, 100 William Street, Sydney, NSW 2011

Phone: (02) 9221 8088


Web address:

Contact details for the ABAC are:

Address: PO Box 519, Stirling, SA, 5152


Web address:

Outdoor and billboard advertisements in relation to alcohol are covered by the  pdf-new-icon.gifOutdoor Media Advertising (OMA) Code of Ethics: Alcohol and Advertising Guidelines (PDF 141.7KB)Open this document with ReadSpeaker docReader. They require that no advertising of alcohol products on fixed signs be located within a 150 metre sight line of a primary or secondary school.