LOST or the Leichhardt Open Studio Trail is an event held in conjunction with Art Month each year in March. During this time artists studios throughout the local area open their doors to the public. This is a rare opportunity to enter the personal creative realms of participating artists and take an exciting peek into many creative spaces.
Join us for another enticing chance to enter the creative realms of artist, designers, craftspeople, and galleries during the LOST weekend - 8 and 9 March, 2014, between 10am - 3.30pm.
This is the third year of LOST, and with each year the event grow from strength to strength as we find new artists willing to open their doors into normally private worlds. We have 40 spaces ready and waiting to be explored, with opportunities to join guided bicycle tours, attend free workshops, particpate in a hands on community mosiac, and much more.
LOST will allow you to see a wide range of creative ventures, and with such a wide array of genres, styles and mateials in use, everyone will be able to find a number of artworks that speak to them personally in the way only art can. Visitors to LOST will have the opportunity to view street art, video, painting, sculpture, mixed media, stencil art, illustration, silk-screen printing, mosaics, glass art, ceramics, flute making, furniture making, millenery, photography, jewellery, drawing and textile art. This year offers a stronger hands-on component than in years prior, which means that you not only get to view art, you can also participate in free workshops.
Please spread the word to make sure everyone has an opportunity to join the creative tour, and the chance to get LOST in Leichhardt.
Art Openings during LOST
Why not attend a local opening during LOST - you can meet artists and art appreciators like yourself, in a friendly and vibrant environment.
- Thursday March 6: Ursula Kolbe at Leichhardt Library. Leichhardt Mayor, Councillor Darcy Byrne will open an exhibition of paintings and launch Ursula Kolbe's new book, Children's Imagination: Creativity Under Our Noses. 6-8pm at Leichhardt Library, Piazza Level Italian Forum, 23 Norton St, Leichhardt.
- Saturday March 8: Drawn Out at Art Est Art School & Gallery. Meet the artists at the Drawn Out opening between 3-5pm and see a performance by Flatline, a collaboration of two who work toward presenting innovative, challenging and inspiring works that bridge the gap between dance and visual art. http://www.toddfuller.com.au/flatline/
Studio 4, 67-69 Lords Road, Leichhardt.
- Saturday March 8: Heart of Annandale Art Exhibition & Prize. Visit the Annandale Village Church at 4pm to view the entries in this exciting new annual art prize, to see how artists respond to the theme of “Story” in relation to Annandale and the Inner West generally. Annandale Village Church, corner of Booth and Johnston Street, Annandale.
See the list of LOST particpating Artists here - Artists of the Month for MARCH http://www.leichhardt.nsw.gov.au/Community/Arts-and-Culture/Artist-of-the-Month
This year we would love you to share any pics you take of your visits to LOST studios on Instagram and tag them #LOSTLeichhardt
2014 Studio Trail Map
PLEASE NOTE - corrections to the 2014 map are:
- No 17 - Pollywoppus - is unable to particpate this year
- No 26 - Artereal Gallery - discsussion Curating and Collecting Contemporary art commences at 1pm ( 2pm on Map is incorrect)
- No 31 - Sydney Community College - is unable tp participate this year
Download the LOST 2014 MAP here ! Or have alook at the LOST 2014 google map below:
View LOST: Leichhardt Open Studio Trail 2014 in a larger map
Join ARTcycle on a guided tour of a variety of galleries and spaces on the LOST trail on both Saturday 8 + Sunday 9.
The tours are free and the guides guarantee that the pace won't be too rigorous nor will there be any large hills to climb.
BYO bicycle and helmet.
To get an idea of the activities held during LOST 2013 see the Image Gallery and downloadable map below.
See Participating Artists
Leichhardt Council is committed to supporting and enlivening the arts. Council’s Community and Cultural Plan has set the scope for a comprehensive, sustainable process to enable the arts to flourish in the area.
Just take along your copy of the LOST map to take advantage of the special offers.
If you have any queries please contact Bronwyn Tuohy on 9367 9379 or email@example.com