The Floodplain Risk Management Committee meets three times a year at 2.30pm in the Council Chambers, Leichhardt Town Hall. The next meeting is on 2 March 2016.
The purpose of the Committee is:
- To assist Council in the development of a Floodplain Management Study & Plan for the Leichhardt Council LGA taking into account Council’s policies in respect of environmental sustainability and biodiversity.
- To provide a link between Council and the local community.
- To assist in the collection of necessary information.
- To identify objectives and strategies related to the improvement of the management of the floodplain.
- To monitor and review the implementation of the Management Plan.
- To actively coordinate, promote and implement the Plan through local planning processes, works programs and education campaigns seeking cooperation and encouraging community participation
2016 Meeting Dates
Minutes, Agenda and Papers
2016 Floodplain Risk Management
2 March 2016 Agenda (PDF 1.8MB)