Top Navigation

Service Requests, Compliments/Feedback and Complaints

Inner West Council (Leichhardt Service Centre) provides residents, ratepayers and community stakeholders with a range of opportunities to communicate with and provide input into Council plans and decisions, as well as compliments/feedback and lodge complaints on Council’s range of services and facilities. There are a number of ways to make interact with Council on various items including:

Find out more in our Guidelines to Lodging a Request for Service or Complaint (PDF 373.4KB)Open this document with ReadSpeaker docReader

Detailed information on each of the ways to interact with Council are provided below:

Contacting Council

Details of how to contact council and how to use the Snap Send Solve App are available on our Contact Us page.

Request for Service

Council defines a Request for Services as any of the following:

  • reporting missed collections (e.g. missed garbage / recycling)
  • day to day enquiries (e.g. when is my garbage / recycling due for collection, when are the next rates payments due, what are Council’s Customer Service Centre, Library or LPAC opening hours etc)
  • request for repair or rectify something (e.g. repair a pothole, requests to have a lid on a garbage bin replaced, request to cut grass, remove weeds, repair a footpath etc)
  • explanations or clarification regarding Council Policy / Procedures / How to Lodge a Development Application
  • report of illegal building works, whereby you seek Council to exercise a regulatory function
    (i.e. development application related activities, reporting dangerous/unsafe structures etc)

Make a Request for Service online here
Alternatively you can make a request for service in writing by using the pdf-new-icon.gifRequest for Service Form (PDF 141KB)Open this document with ReadSpeaker docReader


We welcome your feedback. Your comments, compliments and feedback on the services we provide are greatly appreciated.

Provide a Compliment/Feedback online here
Alternatively you can provide a compliment/feedback to Council in writing using the pdf-new-icon.gifCustomer Compliment/Feedback Form (PDF 139.6KB)Open this document with ReadSpeaker docReader


Council defines a Complaint as:

“an expression of substantial grievance or dissatisfaction related to service and/or products or the complaints-handling process itself and where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected”.

Complaints must be in writing and may relate to a serious mistake, an excessive delay to provide a service, a member of Council staff not following Council policy or the law, a repeated failure to follow through with a promised outcome, or incorrect information being provided with serious consequences.

Council will acknowledge your complaint within five (5) days of receipt of this form.

The acknowledgement will contain a reference number and the name and contact details of the relevant Council member of staff who is responsible for dealing with your complaint.

Should you not receive this acknowledgement within seven days please contact Council via email or by contacting Council on (02) 9367 9222.

Council accepts complaints via Council’s website, via email or via this complaint form. 

Make a complaint online here
Alternatively if you wish to make a formal complaint in writing, please use our pdf-new-icon.gifComplaint Form (PDF 140.2KB)Open this document with ReadSpeaker docReader